The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Of course, they don't have WMD either

Listening to NPR this morning (when will I learn?), there was some asshat who said that protestors shouldn't be allowed at the inauguration because "they have allied themselves with the terrorists and Saddam Hussein."

This is exactly the kind if insane shit I expect to hear at 5 am, only usually it's when I'm asleep and having a nightmare.

A friend of mine pointed me to One Damn Dime Day. I'm not sure this actually does anything useful, but hey, it's a good reason to stay home and read.

Poking through The Complete Cartoons of the New Yorker. The book itself is impressive--about the equivalent weight of an unabridged dictionary, and then it comes with two CD-ROMs that contain digital copies of the cartoons. Those are stored in an Acrobat file, but I haven't checked to see if they disabled printing.

The older cartoons are interesting, but I have to admit that I didn't laugh at a single one until the 50s or so. (The book collects some recent ones, including this favorite from last year.)