The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, January 14, 2005

When to stop spelling banananananana...

News from the solar system
Huygens landed on Titan today. Two hours of transmissions, including some interesting photos. NASA also launched a comet impact probe this week, which is almost as ambitious as Stardust. Actually, more so since they're going to actually hit the thing. (Stardust will return a year from tomorrow, looks like.)

A little closer to home
Lunch this afternoon was at Hannah Bea's, which I've spoken about before. The banana pudding was fresh, with notes of cream and Nilla Wafer. A slight bite to the banana, and a lovely contrast of texture between the fruit and the pudding. Good stuff.

Went to the comic shop today and grabbed a haul that included:
  • Love Fights Vol 2
  • Queen and Country
  • Noble Causes
  • The Pulse
  • JLA: Rock of Ages
  • JLA Classified
  • And the first Scott Pilgrim issue.

I turned down the pristine copy of Turok #1, which was in the best condition I've ever seen of a comic from that era. Not quite sure of how it survived intact. (Kevin struck out on finding any Sugar and Spike, which did not surprise me. )

More on these later when I get a chance to read them--I've been distracted by a feline emergency in our house. Oh, also reading JLA/Avengers, which has been kinda fun.

They're predicting snow and freezing rain tomorrow for here. Probably not much by most standards, but people here do not deal well with ice. While I am not concerned about my ability to drive in this, but other folks? Ugh.