The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Something to pick up at the shop

A new, corrected edition of Kirby Unleashed. Mark Evanier gives the skinny on the changes made for this edition--sounds like a must-have. Kirby never really drew giant robots, but he did do Galactus. (Speaking of which, a Google image search for Galactus pulls up some really weird crap. I wish my French was better so I could figure out just what this meant.)

I've been re-reading the Alias trades in an effort to remember why I should still care about The Pulse. OK, I remember why Jessica Jones was a compelling character, when she has a personality and something to do. Alias has some really nice storylines, great art, and some real drama to it. The new book just feels weird, though. The last issue felt like Jessica was doing a Julie-Andrews-in-the-Alps-singing impression, only instead of the sound of music, it was how she didn't understand the events of Secret War.

And judging by the huge stack of unsold Secret War issues in my shop, she's not the only one.