The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Fighting the good fight

This group came to my attention today, and I applaud their efforts. Ban Comic Sans. Now.

The folks across the pond also score with the Apostrophe Protection Society. I used to live next to a house that had a little sign out front: Sylvia's Ceramic's. Yes, but Sylvia's Ceramic's WHAT? The ceramic possesses something, but I'm not sure what it is.

Other punctuation marks do not merit their own benevolent society, but there is a great t-shirt based on this Penny Arcade strip.

For the do-it-yourself person, stop Ugly Litter. (I see these stickers all over town on those annoying Make.Money.FAST-type signs. Since the stickers started showing up, the number of eyesore signs has decreased.)

One last good fight: pro-torture Gonzales received the fewest votes of any attorney general candidate since 1925. Even less than Ashcroft. Who lost to a dead guy but was too busy anointing himself with Crisco to say how he felt about torture. But he sure did hate breasts. Will Liberty get to bare all again? The ball's in your court, lawyer of the people Gonzales. We are watching.

I might do another It Came From My Longbox tomorrow.