The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I have a drinking problem,

Much like Robert Hays in Airplane, I cannot seem to match my beverage holder to my mouth. That's twice I've spilled coffee on my exterior.

Looks like Jonah Goldberg picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. Juan Cole gives him a serious drumming and we are all amused. Well, most of us, anyway.

Finished watching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries last night. Now for those of you with the DVD--what format is it in? Ours is a 2-DVD set, but the text keeps telling me to flip the disc over for extra features. Somehow I guess they changed their mind on format and forgot to change the text... And speaking of BSG, there's a 5-hour marathon on tonight.

You lucky Brits, of course, have seen the whole thing already.

There's a really interesting interview in the Onion AV Club that I finally got around to--Howard Scott Warshaw talks about Atari and his new film about the experiences he had there. I grew up playing Atari 2600 games, but I did not know the same guy that did Yar's Revenge also did E.T.
Yars' Revenge is consistently rated one of the best games of all time. And E.T. is consistently rated one of the worst games of all time. That means I have the greatest range of any game designer in history.

At least he has a sense of humor about it. Given the constraints he was under to write the latter, it's a wonder anything got made at all.