The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Robot roundup

I've always sympathized with Marvin from the Hitchhiker's Guide series. Though I do not understand why the Sirius Cybernetics Company skimped so much on each robot's arsenal.

Given this, I was disappointed that BBC did not revise Marvin's battle prowess in either of their Special Editions of the Infocom game.

>look
You see a door. Marvin is standing here.
> marvin, open door
Marvin shoots the door with his quad-mounted Kill-O-Zap blaster array,
leaving a smoking ruin in the once-pristine wall of the Heart of Gold.
"Here I am, gun the size of a planet, and you reduce me to shooting
doors. Stupid humans."
You have gained 10 points!

There are many shots from the next Star Wars film on the Web. This might actually be worth looking into, as much as your organic-created cinema is worthy of attention.