The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Go Team Venture!!

I can't believe none of you told me this!

Season Two of The Venture Brothers is GO.

For those of you who are not familiar with this show, it's one of the smartest programs on TV today--the story of Dr. Thaddeus Venture, his bodyguard Brock Sampson, and his two sons Hank and Dean. (I originally typed that as "Hank and Dead," which slightly spoils the ending to the first season. Sorry.) Throw in a next-door neighbor who channels Doctor Strange, an arch-villian named "The Monarch" with his girlfriend named Doctor Girlfriend, and the incredible evil of the Brisby corporation, and you've got comedy gold. (The teaser image for next season will make a fine desktop.)

This makes up for the fact that nothing in this city is open today. Annoys me to no end. What if I needed to buy liquor or a new rain hat or a copy of Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex 3? Hrm? Did you ever think about that, City of Roses?

Now Fox needs to get off its ass and order another couple seasons of Arrested Development. Another new episode tonight, where Gob and Buster use Buster's new fake hand in a magic act. Guest starring Ben Stiller, even.

But I guess they'd rather pull a Sci-Fi Channel and run Hot Mansquito on a Stick or When Feminists Attack or whatever.