The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Tell me where I can find this... Hermano

Arrested Development has been renewed for a third season.

Evidently I'm not the only one who's relieved. From a story off TV Tome...
Arrested Development has won USA Today's annual "Save Our Shows" poll. A whopping 66% of the 54.000 votes received want to keep the show, with only 12% voting for cancellation.


This has been a shitty month for me, but this makes up for it.

Arrested Development
is one of my three favorite shows, along with the Venture Brothers and Battlestar Galactica. If you'd told me a year ago that not only would there be another season of the best cartoon in years, but a show involving Opie and one of the kids from Valerie's Family AND that the best SF show on TV is a 70s remake... well, I'd have probably backed away slowly.

Still, this makes up for other shows getting cancelled by Fox in their prime, like Firefly or the Tick (either version).

On the comics front, I've been reading a lot of Morrison's Seven Soldiers. It's a nice contrast to the tailspin that Ultimate Spider-Man and others are in. Because, you know, it doesn't suck. Reading Zatanna, I imagine Morrison thumbing through a copy of Promethea and saying, "No, Alan, it goes LIKE THIS."

I hope it's not too much to ask for a cameo from Danny the Street, since obviously Flex Mentallo will never see the light of day again.