The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

More things in heaven and earth

There are many lists of things to learn as a child. Colors. Numbers. Letters. The notes on a musical scale. (Never did figure that out as well as I should have.) States and countries. The planets in the Solar System.

The last one became slightly harder today, as scientists discovered a new body larger than Pluto. There have been other large bodies outside of Pluto's orbit before (Sedna and Quaoar, for example), but this one is a bit larger than those.

Given our difficulties reaching orbit or the moon at this point, it's probably going to be a while before we see any of these objects up close. Still, it's interesting to think about.

Need coffee. Stat. Time to go forage for some.