The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Why would you do THAT?

Blogger told me it has a Blogger-for-Word plugin available now.

It's like buying an X-Box Doubleplusgood 360 With a Twist McSkanky Muffin for $400. I just can't see it. But then again, I'm still bitter about Halo being announced at MacWorld NY in 1999 and then becoming an X-Box exclusive, so I may not be the most rationale third party.

On the other hand, I had to remember how Mail Merge worked in Word today, which is never a fun thing. It's like learning Access and it's fucked-up version of SQL—I remember or relearn just what it was that I needed, and then that part of my brain goes back to remembering fun things, like where the hidden items in Final Fantasy VII are.
John Rogers is a genius:
Pres Vacation Watch - Day 16
Bush Vacation Day*: 16
American Soldiers Killed While Kickin' It in Crawford: 54

Bush Days on Vacation Remaining: 18
Every Other Working American Has Been Back on the Job for*: 3 days

* (assuming Aug 2 as first full day of vacation)

*(based on 13 avg. days of vacation, courtesy World Tourism Organization)


Vacationing for a month. How very... European. Aren't we supposed to still hate them or something? Damn freedoms they have. Speaking of freedom, an open letter to the asshat in Texas who was threatened by some crosses in the ground.

On an entirely different note, two of my favorite people in the world have had birthdays this week. Gifts are on their way soon.