The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Lord Admiral Da Vinci

It's a pity the CBC doesn't have an equivalent of BBC America.

Some of their shows make it down to the States through syndicbation, like Da Vinci's Inquest. I'm not sure I can put my finger on just why this show is so compelling. It's a police procedural, but it's got a huge cast and the city of Vancouver is as much part of the show as any of the actors.

Between this, National Hockey Night, and Corner Gas, I'm wondering what other great shows are up there in our neighbors to the north.

I see from the Web site that Da Vinci has moved from the Coroner's Office to the Mayor's Office. Much like Hornblower, the future is very open. Prime Minister Da Vinci.

(Certainly couldn't be worse than the gang of criminals we've got running our country. Contrary to what the panicking Freepers would want you to believe, having the Vice President's chief of staff indicted for five counts in a matter related to national security is a huge fucking deal. I wanted to take Fitzmas off yesterday, but instead I had a really nice day watching the Bush administration start to implode.)