The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another trip around the sun

I share my birthday with Oscar Wilde, Angela Lansbury, and Larry Young. And a bunch of other people, of course, but those are the ones that stick in my mind.

It's the Night Before Fitzmas. Or maybe, the night before the night before Fitzmas, as I am guessing that nothing is gonna happen until tomorrow.

Passing the time by reading the DC Showcase Presents Green Lantern.



Enjoying the hell out of it, with the Gil Kane pencils and the constant "Will she or won't she?" drama of Hal Jordan's pursuit of Carol Ferris. I wish Kane could have seen this—I think he would have gotten a kick out of the massive amount of fun contained in 500 pages of GL fighting puppets, the Weaponers of Qward, and Sinestro.

What I've learned so far:
  • 24 hours can take three panels or an entire issue
  • Hal Jordan has some sort of color blindness that makes him forget what yellow looks like
  • This is the "good" universe, so I would hate to see what evil looks like
  • When going on a vacation, the best way to increase productivity is to tell your daughter she can't marry anybody while you're gone
  • Even though it's repeated every freaking issue, Alfred Bester's poem about being Green Lantern gets me every time.

If you can find it in your area, watch The Colbert Report. The best belated gift I've had. I laughed my ass off at the "Gravitas-Off" between Colbert and Stone Philips.