The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

National Hockey Night

At long last, our nightmare of no NHL hockey is over. It's been too goddamn long.

The rules changes this year are interesting. Some of them appear to be adaptations from the international leagues. Though they didn't grab the automatic icing call that I grew to love during the last Winter Olympics. Shoot the puck past the goal line from behind your blue line? Automatic icing, no stoppage of play. That call alone shaved at least five minutes/game off of a regular game.

Shoot. Icing. Skate back. Shoot. Icing. Skate back. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

The only worry I have at the moment is that when I went to test out my new season pass on DishTV, it said that I've not subscribed. However, the cost appears on my bill online, so I'm guessing it's a bit of a hiccup with the one program I was testing.

I'm going to have to go find some Old Crow and toss a few back for familial piety purposes, now that I think of it. Though after doing a bit of research, it appears the Old Crow of today is not the same as the Old Crow of the past.

Guess I'll have to stick with Knob Creek. Oh, the agony.