The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Power beyond imagination

Angry Alien has a 30-second recap of Highlander, done by bunnies.

The Quickening, it powers me


Even though it's got some fairly goofy acting and a bizarre plotline, plus a Scotsman who can't pronounce the name of a brand of Scotch, I still love this film. The Queen soundtrack helps a lot, too.

I used to listen to it a lot, along with the 1984 soundtrack by Eurythmics. Nothing made me happier than listening to "Sexcrime" while going over the dialogue spreadsheets for children's entertainment products. Those were the days.

Watched The Adventures of Robin Hood from 1938 again this evening. Magnificent colors, fun acting, and the best swordfighting in any film, with the possible exception of The Mask of Zorro. And as much as I like Basil Rathbone and Errol Flynn, I'm going to have to say that the swordfight between Catherine Zeta-Jones and Antonio Banderas is much more interesting. I gather there's a Hopkins-free sequel in the works for summer, which might cut into the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean 2 film's cut. I imagine people not me have already thought about this.

Finally ordered my hockey fix for this season. Next I'll be putting gravy and cheese curds on my french fries.