The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Oktoberfesten

Since hockey season is fast approaching, and the NHL is trying to drum up intersest. Some people are not happy about their player-as-medieval-warrior commercial, though I think it's a lot of angst over nothing. Where are these people to bitch about the Axe ads, which basically imply that you'll be gang-raped by hot women if you walk around smelling like their product?

(And really, Axe smells... not that interesting. It's more hype than Crystal Pepsi or the latest spin about how peachy everything in Iraq is.)

Since ESPN/ABC have decided to skip the NHL this season, leaving us with the Outdoor Life Network (?!?) as the main venue for games in the States, I think some friends and I are going to breakdown and get the Hockey Channel through DishTV this weekend.

Original plans this weekend included my kickball league's mid-season mixer, but then we were going to have massages instead. So having skipped the party, it turns out that our massage therapist is on sabbatical while she finishes up her degree in traditional Chinese medicine.

It wasn't all bad—went to the comic shop and grabbed the penultimate copy of DC Showcase Presents Superman, which is evidently flying off the shelf. Couldn't find the Green Lantern one at all.

Crap, that reminds me. I know I put Peng on my pull list but it wasn't in my box. Pooch. Must remember to call them. Hot kickball action. How can I resist?

Anyway, off to read that big ol' stack of stuff.