The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ice nine

It's been an interesting night in hockey.

Bertuzzi is back on the ice, after hitting a guy so hard a few years ago that he'll never play the sport again. A shootout between the Leafs and the Senators, so the tie game was settled by who could score more goals on Ed Balfour and Dominic Hasek.

That would be like saying "The guy who can punch Mike Tyson or George Foreman the most wins." I mean, the hell.

We're getting a choice of like 10 games at once, direct feeds from individual local sports networks. So we could watch one game from two different vantage points, both home and away. My favorite thing so far, though, is the Canadian commercials. Not that they're that different, but some of the "I'm so glad they're finally playing hockey again" ads are making us laugh.