The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

We Love Katamari

I've been playing the sequel to Katamari Damacy. It's got a good sense of humor about the unexpected success of the first game. The entire opening sequence mentions that now that the King of All Cosmos is so famous, katamari fans the world over are making demands that they want to completed.

It's a fairly good sequel in that a few things that were weird have changed, but the core gameplay is still there. The soundtrack is still great, though there have been one or two songs that annoy.

Speaking of sequels, despite being a huge fan of the earlier games, I'm not that excited about Ratchet: Deadlocked. I thought the last one was really pushing the boundaries of the PS2, and this one looks to be a little more of the same. The emphasis is on even more shooting—Clank is pretty much a supporting cast member instead of a costar this time. Guess there won't be as many flying puzzles or solo adventures.

I can't wait to see what Insomniac can do with the PS3. I'm sure I'll rent the new one, but it may not be a must-have.

Been a bit under the weather lately. What I originally thought was some sort of allergy has turned into a cold of sorts. Must get the sinus subsystem looked at.

Addendum: You Knit What?? is making me laugh quite a bit. (Thanks, Metafilter!)