The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Gunbuster wouldn't have had this problem.

So a while back, the Japanese space program launched a probe with the idea of reaching an asteroid, landing on it briefy, snagging a sample, and then returning to earth. They've had a few issues with it, and my new pet theory is that the probe they sent cannot transform into any kind of giant robot.



The new All-Star Superman is a thing of beauty. I've reread it a couple of times now, and it seems to be Morrison channeling Otto Binder. I think I remember reading an interview with Grant Morrison and he talked about the "Superman's New Power" story, which may be why I'm thinking that. (You can find it in the DC Showcase Presents Superman, or in Superman Annual #7.

Off to go see Pride and Prejudice today. I've seen more movies in the theater in the last two months than in the past two years combined. I blame Cinetopia to some extent.