The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Katamari on the swing

Our kickball season is over. We finished one game out of .500, which is way better than the summer season. We almost won a playoff game, too, leading through most of five innings before giving up three runs on a couple of errors.

I didn't really mind not advancing in the playoffs, as this weekend was abysmal weather-wise. So perhaps it's good that we were done early, as that meant we didn't have to sit out in the rain and get pneumonia or bird flu or whatever.

Spent a lot of time alternating between writing my NaNo novel and playing We Love Katamari. The novel... I'm a bit behind where I want to be, but a couple of productive days and I'll be totally caught up. It's going well, mostly. When I actually get out of the way and let the writing happen, there's no problem. It's the getting out of the way part that's the trouble.

Katamari Damacy was a bolt out of the blue. The sequel is a bit more of the same, but they manage to add a lot to keep you interested. There's one level that involves driving around a racetrack with a katamari, rolling up everything in sight. I've probably played this level a dozen times so far— it's just that much fun.