The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Nah, what you really need is more bitching about cameraphones

John Rogers could save the movie industry if only somebody would listen to him.
Because I will tell you right now, right here, how to get people to go back to seeing movies in theaters. Without disruptive technology. Without theater upgrades. All for, oh, $4.65 an hour per screen.

I will now save your industry:

Hire. Fucking. USHERS.


It goes on from there and you should read the whole thing. He's a wise man.

I would also mention that maybe making movies that didn't suck might also help. Larry the Cable Guy, for example. WHY THE FUCK DID THAT GET MADE? I believe that may be a worse score than Catwoman, which is quite an accomplishment.

Finished watching the season finale to Battlestar Galactica over the weekend, which was simultaneously painful and glorious to watch. Though how I will wait for October for Season Three is a bit of a mystery--on the other hand it's almost April right now.

I think I may have missed the two-year anniversary of this blog. Either that or it's coming up again. Huh.

[Edit] I continue to confuse Mark Rogers (author of the Samurai Cat books) with John Rogers (author of many things, one of them cat-related)