The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Why do I pay for cable again?

Oh yeah, it's so that I can watch the Venture Brothers on a big screen. That and Univision's soccer coverage. And COPS. (I tend to watch that when I'm online since it doesn't require much thought and it's the TV equivalent of going to a convention for me--at the end I feel like my life is kinda normal.)

TV got another nail in the coffin with the upcoming release of Brisco County Jr on DVD. (Though wow, that site does open 3 pop-up windows and is extraordinarily loud, so maybe try looking on Amazon instead.

I'm not sure I really like this trend of releasing whole seasons on DVD for $100. That's a pretty high price point, at least to me. The Doctor Who set (season 27 with Christopher Eccleston) is about the same, but it does come with a ton of extras. On the other hand, compared to the highway robbery that is Farscape, that's not that bad.