The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

I'm doing laundry!

One of the early episodes of the late, lamented animated The Tick series had the big blue guy attempt to do laundry. This later involved mole men, courtship of a supermodel, and a giant lava man in a diaper.

Man, they do not make TV like that anymore. I miss that show. They are bringing Invader ZIM to DVD, but no animated Tick. Come on, Fox. I know you people have your heads up your asses, but Family Guy is your best seller. Wake up and smell the coffee.

So I'm doing laundry and trying to figure out why my dream last night involved the something called the David Niven Pavilion, which was the exclusive territory of Intel employees. I also dreamt of a complete script guide to Mystery Science Theater 3000 that I was showing to Spatch. That I can see since Spatch and I have liked that show for a decade or so.

Playing a bit of Metal Arms: Glitch in the System this afternoon. I love Metal Arms, but it makes me swear a lot. It's very unforgiving and there's no mapping to speak of. Add in some murky objectives and a very dark palette, it's not surprising the sales weren't stellar. On the other hand, it has exploding robots, robots that scream bloody murder if you shoot at them, and mechanics that swear like sailors. It makes me laugh. One hopes that someday Swinging Ape will be able to revisit that world.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day, and then back to work for a day. After that, we'll be taking a trip to Denver. Not sure what we'll do there.