The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Family values

Focus on the Family, a wingnut Christian group in Colorado, has just informed all of is members of Michael Moore's home address through e-mail. Somehow I'm imagining it's not for Christmas cards.

Moore's already had a lot of threats against him. These are the same kind of people who post wanted posters of abortion providers, then cross names off when some religious zealot kills one of them. But it's all in the name of Jebus, of course. So it's justified. If you worship Allah and kill people, you are a filthy terrorist who hates freedom. If you worship Jesus and kill people, you're merely preparing for his glorious homecoming.

I will never understand the mindset of poor, persecuted Christians who must not rest until we replace all of our laws with Scripture. But I also wonder how many of them will put themselves to death for marrying divorced women, planting multiple crops in the same field, wearing poly/cotton-blend fabrics, or any of the other thousands of things prohibited in the Bible. The Library of Congress recommends you read more about it: try Ken's Guide to the Bible for some fun with both the New and Old Testaments. Also includes a handy Bible litmus test!