The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Family visit

My parental units are now off on their merry way. Woke up early this morning and took them to the airport and everything. Then I ate a massive Belgian waffle and a mess of bacon at the Cameo Cafe. (They sell their pancakes by the Acre or Half Acre. Do not try the former unless you are a sumo wrestler. It's gargantuan. Godzilla would have a hard time with it.)

Things my mom and stepdad liked about the trip:

Our visit included messing around downtown Portland, with a big loop from Astoria to Cannon Beach to Tillamook and back again.

Being on different schedules was a little weird--they're from the Central Time Zone so they were crashing as we were still going strong. On the other hand, they were up for hours by the time we got up.

All in all, things went pretty well. I was exhausted yesterday after hours and hours of driving. I mostly zoned out after we got home. Plus, I bought a flask yesterday, so fear my power.