The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Insomnia plus KoL equals fun!

I've been up off and on all night. Not quite sure why--could be that my parental units are visiting on Wednesday and I'm trying to come up with ideas to entertain them.

Also, meeting Athenais again has reminded me of my writing from last year. What with the job uncertainty (having a sword of Damocles over your head for months is not something I recommend for sanity) of November through May, I never really wrote all that much.

But this morning, it's like my brain is on fire with story ideas. Rather than leave them to dust or oblivion or whatever, I quickly got up and started writing them down. SOme of them have been percolating in my head for a while, others just popped up.

Well, it is 4:12 am and I do have to go to work today. And Kingdom of Loathing is out of the question, as my character broke the 15 inebriation barrier and all of my adventures involve losing stats or meat. How did I do that? Why heading to the Typical Tavern, of course! I gained a ton of points in three adventures, but by the end I was facing Pink Elephants that could not be beaten. If none of this makes any sense to you, no worries. If this sounds like fun, go play Kingdom of Loathing.