The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Phantom cat wee

Today we went off to Storage for the weeding project. We've got thousands of books in a warehouse, and since we're moving to a new warehouse it doesn't make sense to keep stuff we don't want anymore.

So I think I pitched about 2000 volumes today, sending them in ever-changing arcs into a dumpster outside. Then they're off to be recycled, probably to end up as cardboard or mass mailings or whatever. A bunch of that was Index Medicus, a year-by-year index of articles about various medical issues. Pages and pages of myocardial infarction, that's for sure.

My neck is killing me, and I'm beginning to wonder when my elbow is going to start acting up. I missed a meeting today, though. And it was hard to get people on the phone today. Not sure why.

I continue to slide into disorganization--it took me five minutes to find my keys. It never takes me more than 10 seconds, usually. Maybe I need a vacation. Though I had one when my mom was here, right?