The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Ralph Nader is fucking insane

Salon's interview yet another reason that people should probably just ignore him until he goes away. I mean, here's how St. Ralph ends the interview:
Nader: OK, now I've flushed you out. Now you've come out. I'm an expert in flushing out bias, prejudice and prejudgment. And you've demonstrated all three. Until you go after the Democrats for obstructing us with dirty tricks and using both Republican and Democratic money -- they used a Republican law firm, by the way, among their three law firms -- until you're even-handed, I will declare you hopelessly prejudiced.

Talbot: Well, we're obviously not going to sort this all out here. But I would like to sit down with you and have a formal interview.

Nader: You have already interviewed me. You have already prejudged me. You have already indicated your predisposition. And you have lied.

Talbot: How have I lied?

Nader: On the anti-gay thing: That's a declared lie. You want to explain it to him, Kevin?

Zeese: The obvious thing is that Ralph stands for strong issues on gay rights.

Talbot: But you are working with groups that are opposed to gay rights.

Zeese: We're not working with them at all.

Talbot: What agenda do you share with the Reform Party?

Zeese: Oh my God. Have you looked at their platform? They're against the war, they're for repealing the Patriot Act...

Talbot: Are you with them on abortion rights and immigration?

Nader: Not on immigration...

Zeese: We're running on Ralph's agenda, not the Reform Party's. We made that clear to the Reform Party. We do not kowtow to everything they wanted. We said, endorse us if you want to -- that's your choice. But we have an 85 percent area of agreement.

Nader: We're not going to play the fascist game of the two-party monopoly barricading itself from any competition, with all kinds of statutory obstruction that cost third parties immense time and money if they can surmount them. This is a dictatorship, which you don't seem to understand...

Talbot: I...

Nader: I've got another phone call, I've got to go. Bye-bye.


He makes the LaRouche supporters lurking in the park outside my building look reasoned and cogent. His position on gay rights is better than Kerry's? This, the man who said he's not into gonadal politics? He's working with the Reform Party but he's not?

I never will understand how people can follow this guy. Remember, he fired his employees when they attempted to form a union.

(See, I can get just as worked up about Nader as I can about Bush. No outrage fatigue here!)