The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The long, national nightmare continues.

I was evidently unclear in what kind of change I was seeing.

One of my driving habits is to intuit what the idiot in front of me is going to do, and then plan around that. This usually works out by figuring out, "What is the dumbest thing that person could do?" and then anticipating my reaction.

So, without further ado, here are my predictions for the dumbest things to look forward to for the next couple of years:
  • Invading Iran
  • Return of the draft
  • Increase in gap between rich and poor through more targeted tax cuts
  • Appointing openly racist, evangelical fanatics to the Supreme Court
  • Passports to move between states for "security purposes"
  • PATRIOT Acts III, IV, and V
  • Invading North Korea
  • Ignoring intelligence resulting in more terrorist attacks at home and abroad
  • Open revolt in Iraq
  • A Cold War between Europe and the US
  • Invasion of Cuba
  • Privatization of Social Security
  • Increased health care costs and the fucking up of Medicare
  • More rape of the environment

I clearly need to drink a lot to become dumber. That way I can anticipate other stupid things we can look forward to. Clearly the people have spoken and they are afraid. Afraid of things they shouldn't be afraid of, ignorant of what's important.

But I am reminded of Tim Allen's character in Galaxy Quest. Never give up. Never surrender. Moving to Canada means they win. They want to turn this country into what the Puritans fled, they'll have to do it with a tremendous fight. I think the ACLU is going to get a Christmas present from me. They're going to need it in the fights ahead.