The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

HOVERCRAFT!

Watching Krypto the Super Dog. Somehow an alien flea has also survived in the Kryptonian space capsule. The power of the yellow sun gives it indestructibility as well. The show is aimed at a fairly young audience, so we don't see it suck earth animals dry or burrow through the skull of Krypto's young human pal Kevin.

The cat Streaky is pretty cool. (I'm beginning to think that my cat Archie is channeling him when he runs at 300 mph thorugh the house.) Haven't seen Ace the Bat-Hound, alas. I am amused that the heavy in the show is Lex Luthor's evil iguana. And really, a bit of levity is nice after the dreary self-inflicted mess that was Identity Crisis.

Binder pointed me to this site, where I found this photo. I could have used something like this the last few days. Summoned at the last minute to work the technical side of a conference--I've been poking around with wires and third-hand hubs and poorly-maintained hotel infrastructure. But I did manage to make life easier for a few people and I met a lot of interesting people. I guess whatever I did made an impression--they already want me to do the next two years of state-wide conferences.

Still recuperating from running around like a madman for the week. I may be more interesting later.