The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Signs and portents

Feeling a lot of deja vu, since I have been working at this conference all day. I'll be at it all day tomorrow, and the day after that. Then I'll probably collapse with a bottle of Booker's or something.

It's probably a good sign that they're already asking me to be on the committee for next year's conference. "Hey, you are demonstrating simple competence! Do this again!"

Re-reading Noble Causes again, and I am still missing some vital bit of explanation about Race Noble, I think. But it's a good title and I cannot recommend the trades enough. I may have to pick up the Family Secrets trade, as that was originally printed in black and white--the new trade has been completely colored. It's a bit like the super-deluxe versions of Powers a while back.

I used to enjoy Powers quite a bit, but the relentless darkness is getting to me a bit. Sorta like The Pulse and Secret War and Ultimate Spider-Man, come to think of it. Somewhere along the line, all the Ultimate titles stopped being fun. Maybe it was the Gwen Stacy action figure. It might have been Ultimate Six. Or the fact that Secret War has been published with about the same frequency as Leave it to Chance.

Is that series finally dead, by the way? What is Robinson doing these days?