The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Rolling Thunder

Somebody at Nickelodeon must be reading my secret thoughts. (If so, I wonder if they liked the dream where I had a daughter who wore the Buster-inspired togs over at Beaucoup Kevin's...)

Season one of The Adventures of Pete and Pete is out soon. I watched this show a lot during college. It had a ton of people in it you'd never expect—Steve Buscemi, Iggy Pop, Michael Stipe as the world's scariest ice cream man, etc. Some of the cast has gone on to better things (the elder Pete co-starred with the freaking PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES in one of the funniest short films involving a sitting President), some of them have mostly disappeared. But now it's endless summer and younger Pete must find out who's calling the phone that won't stop ringing.

Kos and the gang mention more about the Newsweek "retraction" than I ever could. Suffice it to say that the White House, of all people, should not be lecturing ANYBODY about intelligence sources since the main guy they listened to before rushing to war was a crazy motherfucker named Curveball. Funny how it's OK to lie about WMD and kill thousands of people, but don't you dare mention a story that's been in the press for months.