The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night

Somewhere out there, there's a secret admirer unknown to me that wants to buy this for me.

(The Book of G'Kar used as an on-screen prop by Andreas Katsulas on Babylon 5? Holy shit. As of this writing it's going for more than $10,000 and it still hasn't hit the reserves.)

A very special thanks to Tegan for the heads-up on this!

I'm actually a little surprised that I don't own all of the Babylon 5 DVDs by now. I was a huge fan of the show. Not so much that I wanted my own prop PPG or whatever, but it was important enough to me that even now, years after the show has ended, there's a full storyline in the back of my head. Part of my brain thinks it knows where seasons 6 through 10 would have gone, even though it was only ever going to be a 5-year series at best.

There are some mis-steps in the show, of course—the last season has all the marks of an over-stretched writer struggling to fill holes without any help or editorial assistance. And they sort of blew their wad by filming season 4 as if it were the last season, so they'd painted themselves into a corner. Perhaps in retrospect, they should have just had a note for season 5:
The entire run this season takes place just before the events in the last five episodes of season 4. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It worked for Sledgehammer! when they ended up nuking L.A. after the first season. (They even had Robin Leach make the annoucement.)

Yeah, my brain could remember how math works, but instead I remember plot points from shows decades ago. It must have some survival value; just what I have yet to determine.