The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Apple Wrangling

Both computers and fruit, actually. The PowerBook is now sans AirPort card and is already in Texas. (I dropped it off at the box yesterday afternoon and the thing was in Texas two hours ago. Hooray for DHL.)

Instead of watching the Bush rantings, I did something constructive--picking up the fallen apples in my backyard. Last year, I was going to make apple cider and had no apples. This year I have no real plans and I have plenty of apples. Hrm. Perhaps I should look into an apple press. At least one of the falling apples had started to ferment--there was a drunken yellowjacket flying around slowly. Pity I didn't have a breathalyzer for it.

The Daily Show last night, about Fucking Z. Miller and Cheney was a hoot. Hearing Fucking Z challenge Chris Matthews to a duel was just awesome--it's like that episode of the Simpsons with the tomacco, where Homer starts challenging everyone to a duel to get his way. I'm a little curious to see what they'll do with Bush this evening.

I'm particularly disappointed that this country is at the point where the GOP convention is four days of name-calling. They can't run on anything else, of course. Even the job announcement was not great. (I will also bet that it gets "revised" in about three weeks--they said 140,000 new jobs but I imagine they padded it for the President's approval rating. Wouldn't be the first time.) Plus, we were promised two million new jobs that have never happened.

Kerry's speech from Ohio last night:
The Vice President even called me unfit for office last night. I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments makes someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty.

Let me tell you what I think makes someone unfit for duty. Misleading our nation into war in Iraq makes you unfit to lead this nation. Doing nothing while this nation loses millions of jobs makes you unfit to lead this nation. Letting 45 million Americans go without healthcare makes you unfit to lead this nation. Letting the Saudi Royal Family control our energy costs makes you unfit to lead this nation. Handing out billions of government contracts to Halliburton while you're still on their payroll makes you unfit. That's the record of George Bush and Dick Cheney. And it's not going to change. I believe it's time to move America in a new direction; I believe it's time to set a new course for America.

The Saudi line is a good one, reminding everyone who's seen Fahrenheit 9/11 where the Bush loyalties really lie. (That has to come out on video soon, doesn't it? I am hoping for an extended edition, where you can watch Bush just sit there for all seven minutes, reading The Pet Goat. Speaking of movies, I kinda want to see Shaun of the Dead when it comes out.

OK, off for coffee at Coffee People.