The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

More effective when he's bored

Watched the director commentary on the Star Trek II DVD last night. Great stuff. There's a bit where he talks about how Shatner got better on successive takes, because he'd "get bored and stop acting and start being."

One of the more interesting sequences in the commentary is his discussion of cinema and their reflection of the era they were made in. It's started by the David Marcus character wearing a sweater on the bridge, and somehow that's an 80s thing. (Personally, the things that scream 80s to me about the film are the computer graphics and the hair. But I remember reading about how ILM made a lot of the CGI stuff in Discover magazine back in the day when I was a wee bot.)

A nice lady from ACT came by the house today. I signed up to volunteer in whatever capacity they need. She said that the cult-ish neighbors next door asked her "Who would Osama vote for?"

So really, who would he vote for? As a Saudi citizen, he can't vote in American elections. There are no elections to speak of in Saudi Arabia. However, given magical voting powers, he'd vote for Bush in a heartbeat. After all, Iraq was his Red Ryder BB Gun. (As the author of Imperial Hubris has said on the Al Franken show.) It's the present he always wanted but could never ask for. And now terrorist recruitment is up. So in a long answer to my dumb neighbor's question: Osama would vote for Bush. Any other questions? Now keep your kids outta my yard.