The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I like our house rules better

Spent much of yesterday playing croquet with the Pints folks. (A group of people I've been drinking with for eight years or so.)

Our rules are a bit different from the real rules.

Special Rule #1:
One must have a drink in one's hand at all times.

Special Rule #2:
Particularly good play will be penalized by the assignment of another drink.

Special Rule #3:
Upon hitting the last wicket, your ball is now "Poison." If you hit another ball, it is removed from play. The last ball remaining is the winner.

I typically finished the course last but survived into the poison round. I even won a game. Strategy with the poison variant is tricky--do you attempt to finish first and then take people out as they try for the last wicket? Or do you let the others go ahead and hit the wicket towards the end, letting other people eliminate your opponents for you?

Following the game, we left for dinner at a friend's house, which was fun. I felt much like death upon leaving, maybe it was the lavender sorbet, maybe it was too many gin an tonics. Not sure.

I also installed StarCraft again at home, so I will have that to play before Pikmin 2 arrives from Gamefly.