The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Coffee loves you and wants you to be happy


Pooper2
Originally uploaded by Torrie.
For some reason, if you can't get to sleep until 1 am and then you go into work at 8, you feel a bit tired. (Flickr's new clustering found some interesting clusters for the word tired. Not quite sure why drunk is a synonym, but that's a question for Roget, perhaps. He was a weird guy, and the thesaurus was a religious argument of a sort, if I recall correctly. At least at first.)

Sooner or later I'll have to head to the comic shop, but mostly I've been in multi-hour meetings and fighting off zombie visitors who drop cars off on my street. OK, that last part may not be true. She wasn't a zombie, she'd just been in a Starbucks for a while. Still, there are whole scads of comics calling my name, along with the Battlestar Galactica set, the Makai Kingdom strategy guide, etc.

Bleh. As Odd Todd says, Mon-ay is important and stuff. It can be exchanged for goods and services.

Hey, this is new to me: the Complete Calvin and Hobbes collection. The Fantagraphics editions of Peanuts are fascinating, and remarkably well-done. One hopes these are of similar quality, though I can't really find much on the creator's input. Where has Watterson been these last few years, anyway? I know he's not the one making those god-awful "Calvin peeing" and "Calvin praying" stickers. (Great gallery of horrors online, by the way.)

A while back I saw somebody who'd placed a picture of Calvin peeing over a picture of Calvin praying. Man, I wish I'd had my camera. I think I remember where that was...