The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I asked for a SKIM latte, you filthy slackass!

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, but I think I know one woman who is evidently sleeping like a baby...
Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I’m hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this (she chuckles slightly) is working very well for them."

Talk about moving the goalposts. If having your home destroyed, corpses fill the streets of the city, and losing everything other than what you can take with you is working out well, I'd hate to see her worst case scenario.

I'm guessing it involves getting the wrong drink at Starbucks or something. Gods help the poor bastard who gives me decaf when I asked for regular, that much is for certain.

Spent a lot of time reading this weekend. Finally finished the new Harry Potter book, which is all about the smooches. There's also some plot about Death Eaters, a cameo by Tony Blair, and the worst performance by a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher ever.

In addition to reading, there was croquet. Our house rules involve the mandatory presence of a drink in one hand, and there's this bit about poison once you complete a circuit that I never lasted long enough to understand. It does make the game quite interesting, though.

Currently jumping on the internet bandwagon and reading Runaways. It's reminding me a bit of The Boxcar Children meets Top 10.