The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, August 29, 2005

What would Mister Miracle do?

As mentioned on other, more timely, Web sites, yesterday would have been Jack Kirby's 88th birthday. Just one of the many fine pieces of art he brought us:
Let me be Scott Free and find myself!

Kirby's birthday should be a national holiday. It would be, if I ran the store. Unfortunately, I don't, so I will have to settle for reading my paperbacks of his work over my lunch hour.

Looks like New Orleans didn't get the full force of Hurricane Katrina, which is probably not much of a solace for them. It still ripped a ton of the city apart, damaged the Superdome where the Saints play, ripped a couple of oil derricks loose, etc. Good thing there's no such thing as global warming, or we'd really have some powerful hurricanes. And luckily the Louisiana National Guard is at full strength to help in this crisis... Oh, wait.

As I was looking around the Web for usability/accessibility books this morning, I found this cover, which is unintentionally funny to me. I'm not sure I'd want to borrow the image of goatse.cx for my book, but that's just me.