The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

All The World Is Wonderful...

...When You're An Idiot

Or so goes one of the stores in The Goon, which I picked up this weekend in a trip to my shop. Seems to be true, particularly if you're in certain tax brackets.

I adore The Goon. It's a bit like Hellboy would be if it took place in the 30s with lots of Monty Python references and carnival freaks. And zombies. Man, who doesn't hate zombies? Other than the Nameless Guy in the comics who keeps creating them...

Also, inspired by this post at Dave's Long Box, I found the issues of 1963 that were missing from my collection. I'll have to read them all later—it's been a long day and I'm evidently still a bit discombobulated from other stuff I've been doing lately. Napped through a party I was supposed to go to this afternoon, and I think I may have kickball practice tomorrow. The fall season is starting up fairly soon now.

Briefly considered, but did not purchase, a hardbound copy of Miracleman Volume 4, which they were selling for a lot more than the $25 list price on Amazon. Of course, it was in really good condition. Also passed on the first trade, which they had in a French edition. All I know of French I learned from Eddie Izzard, so unless it contains "The monkey is on the branch," I'm pretty much lost. (This will serve me in good stead if I ever meet the President of Burundi, I imagine.)