The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Manufactured needs

I'm a little depressed that the #3 link on Google for s'mores is this product:

A sterno can with some fancy containers.

I was at a party last night making them the old-fashioned way. With fire. I'd have taken a picture but I seem to have found a way to crash my futurephone. Something about the switch of SIM cards from my old phone to my new phone is making it behave... oddly. When I moved over, it had the index of all the photos from my last phone, but the actual image files themselves were stored in the phone memory, not the card. So now when starting up phone mode, it just crashes.

Which I didn't think was possible—if anything, the testing requirements for phones appear more strenuous than most video game publishing standards. (If you've ever seen the testing specs for PlayStation games, you'll know what I mean. For example, you have to pause on screens for 8+ hours without memory leaks or crashes. Try that with most PC games.)

Still, phone issues aside, it was a nice night with friends and fire and carbonized gelatinous sugar bits. I'm a firm proponent of just igniting your marshmallow as soon as possible and letting it blaze like the Sucrose Torch. I've not the patience for toasting them, and the carbonized bits are pretty tasty.