The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Long before the Superdome/ Where the Saints of football play...

For some reason it's taken me three days to remember the episode of The Simpsons where Marge joins the cast of a musical version of A Streetcar Named Desire.

Now I can't stop humming the opening song, since it sounds like people really are in hell there right now. The streets are flooded, forces are being pulled from rescuing people to protecting doomed property from people who cannot wait for the aid that is forthcoming, and there are sharks and alligators swimming the streets.

Consider donating if you haven't already. There's an excellent DKos diary on charities, or you can hit the major ones:
Red Cross
MercyCorps
Habitat for Humanity
Humane Society

Fun fact: We're turning down international aid, despite the fact that tens of thousands of people are trapped without food, water, or sanitation. I suppose I'm missing all the good news coming out of this situation, like all the new habitat that will be open in the Gulf Coast for sharks, or the booming mosquito population!