The Giant Fighting Robot Report

I am dubious. (I am metal.) I am stainless. I am milk in your plastic.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

And now it begins...

It's after Labor Day. Maybe now people will start paying attention to things. We start with a Bushism, recently minted:

"Too many good OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love, with women all across this country."
- George W. Bush

I, for one, would be a little nervous if my doctor was practicing his love with me. He'd at least have to buy me dinner first.

I have nothing funny to say to the news that last month was the deadliest ever in Iraq. More soldiers are getting killed and wounded after we captured Saddam than before. 999 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq (as of this writing). Thousands more are wounded. And despite what the beyond-contempt delegates to the GOP conference would have you believe, wounds aren't usually covered up by a band-aid. Lives are ruined, and for what? Enriching Halliburton?

We could ask Bush about it, but he's such a coward that he does not attend meetings with proles like us. Every attendee at an event gets vetted--they had to sign a loyalty oath in Arizona just to see Cheney. A LOYALTY OATH.

Bush got the lowest "bounce" ever by an incumbent president from the Hatefest in NYC. Which is fitting, as he is the lowest president ever.

John Kerry and John Edwards have an optimistic plan for a better America. It does not involve raising taxes on most Americans to give a tax cut to the richest Americans. It does not involve fighting the wrong war in Iraq in the name of fighting terror. It does not involve cutting civil liberties at home.

Kitty Kelley's got a new book coming out. I hear rumors that it's full of all sorts of stuff. There's an interview on 60 Minutes about the guy who got Bush into the Air National Guard, who now regrets doing so. Bush is a miserable failure and the next few weeks will be the final hurrah for him.